THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, July 11, 2008

Discovery Channel

I have always been a bit of a nature lover.
I enjoy a good hike, or swimming in a lake,
and usually animals.
However, this morning I had an encounter with wildlife
that was less than enjoyable.
I had just put Evan down for his morning nap and was
walking past the upstairs bathroom...
all normal enough.
But today in the corner of the window
I saw something large and dark.
bad combo...
I walked very timidly up to the large dark thing
and was relieved to find that this creature was
separated from me and my home by a sturdy pane of glass...
whew.
Still, I nervously crept up to get a closer look...
Here is what I saw... Prepare yourself!

A BAT! a. bat. a bat a bat a BAT!
In our house we have two sets of windows
an inner window and outer window.
I have no idea why the outside window
was open a crack at the top.
I suppose he crept in last night
(oh I hope it was just last night!)
to find a dry place to sleep.
But gross... this bat is waaay to close to my house.
Andy will have the treat of dealing
with this when he gets home.
I'm sure I will help by yelping
and repeatedly muttering "oh gross".
Seriously, look at him. Gross.




I will keep you posted. Gross gross gross gross…
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Nicole said...

Okay -- are these things always happening and we just failed to notice them (bats in your house, moses playing with dead chipmunks at mine)? Seriously, when I envisioned myself staying at home with kids, I did not imagine this part...

Wray's said...

oh ginny.... oh oh oh oh-- can't believe you had to deal with that. i'm so thankful for blogs so we can share in this experience with you... at a very...very safe distance.
have fun andy. perfect 'before vacation' project.- a

gs said...

truly. maybe we have always had these unwanted visitors... it was better when i didn't know about it! ignorance is bliss!

Anonymous said...

Oh my. Ginny, you nailed it with "gross"...that is the only word that applies. I would have freaked and not even gotten close enough to see if it was in or out! A slammed door would have been all I could muster. Mike's coming after work...enlist him!!!

Rowdy Roeber Family said...

That is SO gross! I'm dying to know what Andy did to get rid of it! Was it moving?

Anonymous said...

Samantha and I just read your blog... a bat??? You sure did get a good close up pic of it! Am impressed!!
So what happened??? Were calling tomorrow to find out the latest!
Did you call bat control??