THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, May 19, 2008

Mister Bluebird I presume...

You can find me many nice mornings on our front porch.
I have become very fond of our smallest neighbor, Mr. Bluebird.
Mr. Bluebird lives here:

I have always suspected that Mr. Bluebird is a fine gentleman
of a bird, and this was confirmed today!
First I saw him stretching and taking his post on his
tiny home in the morning light.

Well, my first clue that this was indeed a fine bird was that
when he saw me struggling to take a clear picture of him,
he was kind enough to perch in this nearby tree to
show off his beautiful feathers.
I rather think he liked it.
Well, a few minutes after this I noticed he and the Mrs'
down in the pine straw. In his beak was a plump worm.
Did he eat that worm himself? No!
He handed it gently to the Mrs' to take back home...
for the babies!
Then as if that were not chivalrous enough,
when he noticed two squirrels up to no good poking around
too close to his nest for his liking...
he swooped down and told them in no uncertain terms
with clicks and clacks to play somewhere else!
Go Mr. Bluebird! The Mrs' must be so proud...
He then took his post back atop his tidy little home to defend the family.

Here he is in all his glory: Mr. Bluebird!
Posted by Picasa

1 comments:

The Potoshnicks said...

I love it that you have bird friends. We have two rabbits that live in our back yard; they are both named Cotton.