THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Inspired

Inspired by Nicole, I decided to write the following:

Dear little son,
Ever since you were born I have been so glad
that you were my son. I liked the way your husky cry
sounded and loved your look. You are precious to me.
Now you are seven months old and time is
passing so quickly. I want to take a snapshot
of what I love right now
during this simple sweet time.

1. The in and out in and out of your breathing when you are concentrating.
2. The enthusiastic "mmmm....mmmm!" sounds you make while eating.
3. Your joyful and surprised laughter when you see me after a nap,
especially if you have been crying.
4. Your jumps and squeals in johnny jump up.
5. The softness of your hair.
6. The way you touch everything so carefully and artfully.
7. Your perfectly round pea toes.
8. Your two bottom teeth in a wide smile.
9. Your squishable thighs.
10. Your sleepy ways, sucking your first two fingers
while playing with your ear.
11. Your feet in constant motion.
12. Trying to hold you down while changing your diaper,
every time you flip all over and I say, "Evan, changing
your diaper is like trying to wrestle a greased pig."
13. Peek a boo with a cloth... you sniff and shake it thrills you so!
14. Your bright spirit and easy joy.
15. Watching you discover new things... your favorite lately,
your reflection in the mirror.
(I don't have any recent pics with Evan as I seem to hold the camera a lot!)
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was so sweet! Thanks for making me cry.
Isn't this all going way too fast? I know they all said it would, but I didn't believe them. (Whoever "they" are.)
I believe them now.

ejm said...

sniff, sniff, great idea!