THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Ode to Blackshot

This one is for Nicole...

I was laying in bed last night giggling to myself remembering when I named my first dog. He was a feisty lovable short haired toy fox terrier... apparently he was a pretty big deal because he came with a long poster sized document detailing his noble dog family history. His ancestors had names such as Winston Wallace III and Sir Charles Huntington for example. After being given the freedom and responsibility to name him... I proudly announced his name... "Blackshot!"

My reasoning for his name was obvious, his coat was mostly black and when he ran he was as fast as a bullet being shot from a gun. I was a very literal girl. Thankfully this name was vitoed as I mentioned in my last post, but unfortunately he lived a long life in which he was called Frisky every day. Frisky and Pixie. My friend Paige always had trouble with those names calling them Frixie and Pisky... it really was a tongue twister... close to a rhyme but not quite.

Whatever he was called he was a good little lovable pet, albeit untrained, and was a fun pet. Though I dare say his ancestors looking down from doggie heaven would be a little disappointed in his name... but possibly jealous of his free little life. Good ole Blackshot. :)

2 comments:

Nicole said...

I took a little gasp when I read the title of this post. You know that I LOVED reading this. I've always had a secret adoration for dear ol' Blackshot, especially since you named him so literally.

gs said...

I was seriously caught up in a giggle fit the other night because it is so darn literal. I just cant get over the thought of a little southern girl yelling "blackshot!" over the suburban streets of birmingham alabama.