THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Chili + Bluegrass Music = Perfect

Confession: I have been waiting for this festival for over a month.
I saw a sign hanging above downtown Matthews that said,
"Chili Cook off and Bluegrass Music Festival" and I thought...
"I am there!". Everything about that appeals to me.
1. I love chili
2. I love parks
3. I like Bluegrass Music
4. I love a small town feeling
So I have been anticipating this Saturday for a while.
It looked like the weather was not going to cooperate,
but we woke up Saturday morning to a BEAUTIFUL day.
It was warm sunny and clear was about 65 degrees.
Perfect.
Off we went.
We met some friends in the park and had a fabulous afternoon.
Here are some pics.
Behind me you can see all of the tents of Chili Competitors.
We got a bowl and went to town tasting all of the chilies.
Me and Evan enjoying the scene.
The bluegrass music and stories being told from the pavilion.
Evan was completely captivated by all of the activity around him.
He sat like this in his stroller contented for a long time.
If you know Evan, this is remarkable because the guy
rarely sits still!
Self portrait!

We had such a fun time and are looking forward to next year!
Posted by Picasa

0 comments: