THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, November 17, 2008

Girls Night Out

This weekend I had a fun outing with my high school girls.
Now, I'm sure if you're reading this you know what I mean
when I say, "my" high school girls. This is a group of
girls at my church who I have been leading in a small group
since they were freshmen. They are now Seniors...
so even though they are not in fact "mine" I feel like they
are little sisters now!

Anyway, I have been wanting to do something special with
them, and the perfect opportunity arose. Andy had won
two free nights at hotel Uptown from a raffle at work,
so instead I requested two rooms for one night at this
same hotel to be used for "my" high school girls.

Well, they hooked us up with a Junior Suite and adjoining
room which took up the entire end of the building!
There were huge windows everywhere and it was awesome!
So we were all pumped. We went out to dinner on the way
uptown where the waiter hit on the girls and
they deemed him "easy on the eyes" as well.
The highlight of dinner was when the waiter asked
what we were doing...and the girls informed him they
were high school girls out with their leader who was
not in high school anymore.

Here is how the conversation went:
E: "We're out for a night on the town, and this is our leader
she is not in high school anymore... she is 27."
Me: "I'm 29... I'll be 30 in April!"
E: "You said you were 27?!?"
Me: "Yeah! When I was 27!"

I love these moments! :)
Here's some pics from dessert:
Emily drew this fun drawing on the paper on top of the
table at a swanky little place Uptown where we had dessert.
Some of the girls sitting in our huge windows at the end
of the building.
Hanging out in the room...
Just generally being responsible.
It was a great time! It was wonderful being 27 again! :)
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Janelle said...

That sounds like it was so much fun and what a great memory. What a cool, hip, young/old leader you are!

Kristin said...

That is so sweet! I'm so glad you had a great time...looks like "your" girls enjoyed it too! :)

Ellen said...

How fun!!! Can't wait for our getaway with our leader. :)

Anonymous said...

That is hilarious! Great story - and what a sweet time with your girls!!!